Sunday, September 16, 2012

Crushes

Yesterday I was sitting at the table eating lunch with the kids (Chant was at the office) and the conversation around the table was cracking me up.

Ainsley:  Remember how I had that crush on Justin Bieber?  But not anymore, that was a long time ago when I was younger.

Brinnley:  Yeah, I told Kelsey all about it.  (Kelsey is Brinn's really good friend this year at school.)

Ainsley:  Brinn!  Why did you do that?  Promise me you won't remind her.

Brinnley:  I think she remembers.

Ainsley:  Promise you won't remind her at the end of the school year.

Brinnley:  Okay.  Remember when I had that secret crush on Ethan Williams that I didn't tell you about?  (That last bit was directed at me.)

Ainsley:  Yeah, I remember.

Brinnley:  But that was last year and I don't have a crush anymore.

Me:  Just smiling and listening as the conversation quickly moves on to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment